Sunday, March 18, 2007

Random Thoughts

One day i had a dream.

I dreamt i was a butterfly.

I was flitting through life, going from flower to flower, taking what i needed, moving, existing, living. It was blissful. It was peaceful. Without a care in the world.

One day i alit onto a most stunning flower. It was bright like a rainbow, with all the iridiscent hues that attract butterflies like me. Its nectar hung invitingly, a golden droplet of pure ecstacy, balanced upon a tip of a stem, balanced precariously, inviting attention and attraction. "Drink of me," it seemed to whisper. "Take me," invited the ambrosial droplet tenderly.

As i was about to lean in and partake of that sweet liquid, i heard a voice.

"If you choose to take of this, you will learn more than you would wish to know. What you will learn, once you know it, may hurt you. It may cause you suffering beyond anything you have ever felt. At the same time, it will give you possibly the most happiness that you will ever experience, beyond the simple life of a butterfly."

I hesitated a moment, taking the words of the disembodied voice into account. Deciding,i leaned forward and drank it.

Then i woke up.

No comments: