Saturday, August 26, 2006

Retrospection on 21 years

Its been a while.

To those who remembered- I sincerely thank you all. Today, you have demonstrated how a single solitary message can lift the spirit.

How did i spend the end of my 21st year of life? I slept through 2 lectures. Spent 2 hours in a mediocre tutorial session. Chatted with a classmate i barely knew. Had dinner with a wonderful "daughter". (thank you dear!) Spent the night mulling over working, and eventually succumbing to the temptation of munchkins. Many many times.

I look at the friends i have made throughout my life. Each and everyone has affected me in some way. Without them, i would not be who i am today. For that i give thanks.

I look at the path my life has taken me so far. It has been interesting. It has been tough at times. It has always been enjoyable in some form. God grant me the ability to find my motivation to enjoy life as it comes, in any form or other.

Nobody lives a perfect life. We take imperfection, struggle with it, and learn from it. We craft our little lives to respond to the circumstances that make us, and grow from it. Always growing, always adapting. Always moving on.

Thinking of it, imperfection is a part of our lives. We all make mistakes. Some of us much more than others. It is imperfection that forces us to adapt. Imperfections that make us change. Imperfections that shape us to what we are. Imperfection that brings out the inner self. Heck, imperfections shape who we are and will be.

This year, i resolve to find the imperfections in my life. To make myself better than i am now. To challenge the personal limits i have set on myself. To break the barriers of self-doubt and lack of confidence.

For we are all more than we ever think we can be.

Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

No comments: