Wednesday, February 09, 2005

While my guitar gently weeps...

Firstly, to all the chinese people out there, Gong Xi Fa Cai, Xin Nian Quai Le, Bu Bu Gao Shen, Shen Ti Jian Kang, Nian Nian You Yu, Guo Tai Ming An! I'm playing on racial stereotypes and ignoring the fact that some chinese are lazy bastards and probably do not deserve the blessings of a new year, but its not too late for them to repent isn't it?

Went visiting today, did the usual rounds--- First to the temple where my father pays his respect to buddhism, and where i strikingly feel out of place. Its the worst time of the year to undergo a religious crisis... I seriously did not know what to feel or expect... i just mimed and went along with what they were doing... is that wrong? To me it is, my heart wasn't in it. It didnt feel good.

Then to visit both grandparents, and see my niece. I'm an uncle... well done! my cousin has a 11 month old baby. Still small and cute. Thats on my dad's side. on my mom's side, i've got an "aunty" thats 2 years younger than me, but generationally, she's my mom's dad's sister's daughter, so she's my mom's generation. What utter rubbish.

I finally got my electric guitar back. Music with Rocks In!!! Muahaha!!!!! Well, not exactly. Can't really think of many songs i would like to play that i want to learn. Maybe Offspring. Need to brush up on my technique. Or maybe i'll try selling it to my brother. =)