Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cleanup

Sometimes you don't realise how bad things become until it slaps you in the face...

I was happily reading Friday by Robert A. Heinlein, when i noted a certain aura near my shoulder... Then i saw it. A huge freakin COCKROACH standing calmly at my elbow area, testing the air of the table with its long feelers. Its not a normal cockroach i tell you. Its FRICKIN huge.

Needless to say i flipped. i completely flipped. My table is my sanctum, my last refuge from the utter inanity of doing my work on the floor. I chased the cockroach until it disappeared from sight. And then began to wonder. How on earth did that cockroach get onto the table??? Its practically the cockroach version of scaling Everest. Ok, at least Kinabalu. Ok... maybe bukit timah. But thats not the point. I realise my table had, in the one month since CNY, had grown enough cover and concealment to hide a platoon of cockroaches somewhere inside.

It was time for some good old-fashioned ritual cleansing... And this time im gonna get my army stuff out of the way too... Im way overdue for my CCC (Civilian Conversion Course)... And its time i caught up.

That was 8. 3 hours later, i've cleaned out my army stuff but my table still remains a paper jungle. Nothing a little fire and clearance wont help... BURN baby BURN.... muahaha.

No comments: