Monday, March 06, 2006

Driving. Me NUTS!

Price of 30 lessons- $1440
Costs of 9 circuit bookings- $170
Cost of 1 driving test- $100

The look on my face when i passed- PRICELESS.

Failed to confirm safety- 4 pts.
Slope: Roll backwards- 2 pts.
Failure to overtake- No penalty (one time)
Fail to check blind spot- No penalty (one time)

Overall- 6pts
Grade- Passed

w0000000000000000000000000000000000t

But frankly i didnt quite expect to pass. My driving instructor was berating me the entire warm-up session. When i stepped into the test waiting room, morale was almost at an all-time low. But hey, breath in, shoulders back, walk with confidence... Dunno. Putting on a brave front is helpful. At least to quash the pre-test jitters. Everyone gets them.

Haha my examiner was called tien chai. In chinese, thats "genius." dunno if thats an omen of any kind. I was kind of freaked out when after we headed for the circuit, he flipped the clipboard and ticked or scribbled something after every station. MAN THAT WAS BONE-CHILLING. That aside, i tried not to get too unnerved. Just carried on. Didnt talk much with him. Just moved and tried to work as normal. Only major foul-up was sliding a little on the slope. F***ing handbrake. Went out of circuit. Had route 2. Thank god i covered that earlier today. Out, a little filtering, up a slope, down the slope, filter some more, turn, turn again, and back. Man its so easy to type out. But the route wasnt as hard as i thought it would be. Kena penalised cos the tester said theres one time i changed lane before checking blind spot. I did actually. But my hands moved faster than my head turned, so he said i moved before checking. LOL. Went back to the test centre. He didnt say a word. I followed him to the debrief. And found out that all that ticking was to certify that i finished each part of the circuit. KNNBCCB, that was scary. But the result was worth it. Couldnt keep the grin from my face. 6pts...... Man! I guess going for 4 lessons last week was worth it. Hit my goal, and it feels good.

No comments: