Sunday, April 15, 2007

The end of beatlemania

I think im finally sick of listening to the beatles. Maybe its because i drive too much nowadays. I think i should change the CD in my car. Im listening more to FM 92.4 nowadays. The music really soothes me. On the other hand im really starting to appreciate Iron Maiden, Dire Straits and Pink Floyd. I think "The Wall" is a masterpiece of rock opera. Maiden ropes in fantastic segues. Knopfler does an amazing duet with his voice and guitar. "blowing dixie double blue time." And Pink Floyd, well. Thats just another brick in the wall. Three of them. Does this post seem disorganised? I think so. But what do i care? We had a goodbye sendoff for the Jah earlier. It was more of a gathering of the fellowship. Really had a good time. Kenny's cooking, is once again, fantastic. The home-made lasagna was the bomb man. Although the layers were a little too thick. But pleasant nonetheless. Followed by shepherds pie, meatballs, brinjal with cheese, and the slightly too watery beef stew. The food is not exactly world class, but it was fantastic - what can i say? Made with Love. As usual with the guys we had some pre/post dinner entertainment. Here we're mauling bryan in my room.
And here we see the evolution of our dear kenny from the normal schoolboy to the monkey fish frog thingy to the current version.
I finally saw the hundred men clip. And as usual bryan became our punching bag. Keong nearly keonged out again. Tay was nearly wasted. My bro was in good form as he dished out the sexes on the beach, by far the most popular drink served tonight. The aroma of the alcohol recalled me to 0430 to 0630 yesterday morning, where i had the unparalleled experience of accompanying a drunk girlfriend. Really interesting. Its really funny to see drunk people sometimes. Although this time it hurt a bit. Reminded me of scenes from science fiction films like alien. Very involved night i had, last night. Right pissed off i was at some people. Names not to be included. Lets not go onto that before i get really pissed off. Anyway, went to JB to buy some short pants, really satisfied. Im wearing one of them now, fits like a glove. A butt glove so to speak. Its hard to find pants that fit an ass like me/mine. Anyway alvy came along and we had a great time. This is a picture i took when we were in City Square.Its really nice to see her happy. I started studying exactly 25 hours ago. Its a little late but well, better late then never. The feeling of impending doom has not lifted, but i swear to god im going to mitigate it as well as i can. Its not my nature to not struggle for dying causes. "I am pierre the fighter pilot! If i go down, i go down in flames!" Anyway the randomity of this post is caused by randomitis and a 3.30 cup of coffee long black at east coast mac while waiting for my dear to finish a meeting. I would hit my books later but i don't believe that violence is the answer. Anyway i was chatting with tien earlier today, and i decided i would crucify one of my lecturers. She's horrible, to say the least. Excerpts from the conversation that may go into survey: "we stand a higher chance of learning something from a brick than from your lectures". " you and your TA should swap because your TA teaches better than you do." "Your notes are like your lectures, random and disorganised." "I bet you had to offer your old, dry p**** to the dean to get your job." " by screwing the dean, you just screwed one entire batch." "The only thing that i learned from the lecture is that you cant teach for nuts." "How did you become a lecturer if the only thing you know how to do is read off slides?" Im wondering which i should put. Or maybe they're not sarcastic enough? Comments please. Man i love bluetooth.

No comments: