Thursday, October 15, 2009

At your fingertips

I have been touched by the mobile revolution.

I wonder how had I lived without an iPhone before. This sense of power from having the world at your fingertips, this complete sense of instant connection and ability... Aaah this is good stuff. There is no longer such a thing as downtime. Any moment, you are enabled, you are empowered. I read the news on the train in the morning, I'm blogging on the train on the way back in the evening. I no longer need to check my mails the moment I get back, I can get them on my phone!

If I need directions? Google maps at a touch. Food reviews? Also at a touch. Feel like checking something online? Again, at a touch. This is no simple tool, it's a lifestyle revolution. Bloody amazing.

My only gripe so far is the dismal battery life, it probably would last a day at my kind of usage, although I'm too paranoid to let my battery level drop below 30%. Which leads to me carrying the charger about almost everywhere. But it's not an issue, it's just a frigging USB cable! (and a really slim and sexy plug head. Talk about small form factor.)

The apps are amazing, now all I need is some real good guitar based apps... If I could bother to pay for it. :p

Now, more time for Lucille, Rosie and Betty. I'm done with this and I'm not even home yet! :)

No comments: