Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Scare Tactics?

Personally, I don't quite see what the fuss is about regarding the new HPB anti-smoking ads.

Apparently they're using images of what happened to young women after long periods of smoking, eg yellow teeth, bad skin etc.

Some have lambasted it as a form of scare tactics, which representatives from HPB vehemently deny.

I think to myself, bemusedly, why bother to deny it?there's a reason why scare tactics are so common. They work! It's not as if there isn't any hard truth behind it. I'd like to think of it as aggressive education. I'd never really been partial to smokers, and seeing young women smoking have always set me on edge. (most of you should know what I'm talking about).

So kudos to HPB. Strike where it hurts.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: