Monday, September 11, 2006

Addiction

Life has been going at a pleasant pace.
Campus life agrees with me. i don't regret not having to travel 3 hours a day. The rooms are pleasantly reminiscent of OCS, and the facilities are excellent. The resident hostelites are friendly and engaging (with the exception of a certain few) and even those are bearable to live with. I can envision staying here over many many weekends to come.

Its the closest thing to staying overseas and enjoying my independence that i can get, given that im still in Singapore.

Living here has me thinking about how much of my future am i willing to commit to the institution. Besides the obvious need for the points to stay, am i willing to do more just for the sake of doing the job?

Although i would have to keep in mind that there are more things to do besides hall activities. Already school work seems insurmountable, with new concepts and old being thrown around, and with the rust of two and a half years barely shaken off, its tough already trying keeping up.

Not that im not enjoying it. The only part that pisses me off is that i keep having to stare at an assignment for about half an hour before i start with doing anything. Thats the warmup time for my brain at the moment. Besides that everything seems fine. On the surface.

Except that my messenger keeps cocking up. I have many many problems connecting to msn. But its only in the absence of it that i realise that i have been a little too dependent on MSN for my own good. Its an irrational need for me to be online and on MSN any time my computer is on. I mean, most of the time its pretty distracting. What do i stay online for?

Seeking a cure.

No comments: