Monday, October 06, 2008

Vividly.

I cannot help but think about this. It has been a week since it has passed, but it remains stained in my mind.

It is a dream, yes I know it. One night as I lay sleeping, I dreamt a dream of you and I, walking together. Friendly, yet hesitant. Talking about everything and nothing, the little bits of the days that passes us by.

And suddenly, all of a moment, you turn and hold my hand, hesitantly. And my heart leaps into my mouth, and I am all agog. The pounding of my heart increases, and I look deeply into your eyes. I see a shy laughter, and a twinkling of a star. And then you lean over and give me a peck on the cheek. A shy peck, but it embarasses you so. And we laugh and carry on gaily as if nothing had happened, and everything had happened, all in a flash of vivid life.

We walk on, secure in the knowledge that we have shared something so ephemeral, so sudden, so beautiful. And i wake up with a smile on my face and a spring in my step. For in that one moment of unconscious awareness, I was happy, I was content, I was overjoyed. I had tasted the fruit of love, albeit in Morpheus's realm, and it was good.

Everyday, we go about the same routines. Everyday, we walk past the same sights and sounds. Everyday we may stroll and pass, sometimes glancing, sometimes engaging in meaningless chatter, sometimes searching, in each other, the meaning of this exchange. Everyday, I walk on, hoping against hope that this day, it would be different.

And someday it might. And for that one chance, I hold on.

No comments: