Sunday, February 26, 2006

Good night?

Busy day... Went to get stuff for crabbing, bought Kevin's gift, went for his suprise party. Its really nice to see a suprise party actually work out... I could see the shock in his eyes when he stepped in. Looking back at this two years, there was really a lot that we went through together. One thing i regret, is not knowing him well enough. For someone who was with me throughout my army experience, i find my relationship with him very...... faded. Strange, i think. Very strange, i know. Somehow something didnt go right somewhere. Sigh. A wasted opportunity.

Anyway i was pleasantly suprised (and slightly envious) to find that his family is so close. You can really see the love and care they have for him... To the extent that his sister managed to pull so many strings and throw a complete suprise party for him...... Its...... heartwarming. To say the least. Its a closely knit family group, which is sadly a rare specimen...

Being a big brother. How much have i accomplished? Whenever i hear senior officers talk they liken leadership to being like an elder sibling or being a parent. Have i been that good a leader as i should have been? I can't say that i've been the best of influences on my brother. I can't say that i've always treated him well and protected him. Many times to the contrary.

Sigh. Much reflection will follow.

Crabbing. Caught less crabs, but managed to cook them all!!! Hahaha got abt 4 fair sized crabs (seafood restaurant size) that we managed to gut and got Andrew to cook. Man, experience in Cafe Cartel comes in handy with spices and other stuff that makes it taste oh so good...... Although we didnt catch much it was still a pleasant experience... Its nice just to sit there and stone looking at the high rise buildings across the river. Brings the mind to think about certain events and certain people.

And its DAMN FUN on the back of a pickup truck blasting ACDC on the speakers. More of that good shite please.

Driving test next week. Hope the conditions are favorable and my practice is enough. Im just pissed that a lot of it relies on chance and how the road favours you. I will pass on my first try. This is my promise to myself. I will do it. Because i know i can do it.

No comments: