Saturday, January 08, 2005

End of an long, long, long long, week..........

Oh my god. This week felt like crap. runs and marches every day, ad topping it off with 2 hours of drill... and being made fun of by the SSM while i was modelling the No.2 uniform. Where can i hide my face now?
Anyway, i'm finally in the comforts of my own home... my feet are aching after walking in those drill boots. looks like this weekend is going to be shot too.
Ningyan got the Sword of Honour, no suprises there. Everyone was rooting for him. The Sword of Merit winners were more controversial though... Not everyone agreed that some people deserved it. Personally, i felt that there were other better cadets. And with rumours of politics and hidden agendas going on behind closed doors, i feel that the judging might have been a bit biased. F*** politics man. Where is the fair system where the best get rewarded? Favouritism has no place in a military setting. No names though, its only my opinion. I don't want to get a little friendly stab in the back when i'm sleeping in camp one night... Needless to say i'm not too happy at the selection of the best cadets. Maybe its because i thought i could be one of them. Guess thats not the case. As my sergeant-major says, its only....
IF! you make it.
......
Oh wait that was so wrong. I know i made it. I know i'm as good as they are. If the instructors don't think so, well, F*** what they think. I know i can do it. So there.

No comments: