Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Post-Commissioning Arrogance Disorder

Post Commissioning Arrogance Disorder (PCAD)- A mental disorder which affects new 2LTs, who are vulnerable within 2 weeks of their commissioning. Symptoms include: 1. Breakdown of personal discipline (I.E not bothering to meet timings and coming late, falling asleep during lessons), 2. Loss of good manners (Not listening to lecturer, talking while lecturer is talking) 3. A sudden lack of maturity( I can squabble like a child, get angry over the smallest things, and expect the world to revolve around me. I am the centre of my universe so everything has to be for me, Me, ME!) Cure- As yet there has been no single remedy for this disorder. Several ideas that are reputed to work are: 1. 7 extras in new unit, 2. Scolding by previous instructors/ senior commanders, 3. Decommissioning (though rare), 4. Told off by their peers for conduct unbecoming of an officer (reputedly does not work well).

Personal favourite- A tight slap and a good spanking, followed by at least 2 of the 4 alternatives mentioned above. Being commissioned doesn't give you the right to act like an ass, you f***ers out there!!!