Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Some thoughts of a new 2LT

Lectures for half a day. I think its a miracle that we didnt piss the lecturer off. I think that if i was a lecturer, i would be really really pissed at trying to lecture new officers. Some people just don't have that level of basic respect to listen when others have something to say. This black bar on your shoulder does not give you the right to be an arrogant prick. Nor does it make us correct all the time. I think many people take this bar in the wrong manner. And it does reinforce my convictions that some people should never have gotten the bar in the first place.

Anyway, finally managed to get a comms ball date. In the strangest of places. Is there something wrong with going with my buddy's girlfriend's sister? hmmm. Ah well, Carpe Diem! seize the opportunity. Its been a while since i last met anyone new. About time i became more social.